Saturday, March 29, 2014

fish tales

Me: Cale, I wanna take a pic of you and your fish. (Mumbling under my breath..."so I have documentation of its life")
Because I don't think that fish will be long for this world...
Do fish jump?
YES!
...As luck would have it, Ive got yet another thing to take care of.
-Cale got an early birthday present - a bright blue beta fish.-
The water needed changing.I had a nice clean bowl of water and accessories. The fish was swimming in a small cup of its filthy water anticipating the new scene I assumed.
Changing out water?
This was suppose to be a piece of cake. I've done this a million times (I'm a beta lover - note this is the ONLY animal I will ever love.)
I got my slotted spoon, and "fished" him out.
He jumped off the spoon....
INTO THE SINK......
AND DOWN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL!!
...talk about a Mom who loves her son. All I could do was picture his crumpled lil face when I told him his fish died... (And I know he would insist on knowing how.)
So, Despite that horrible sick feeling you get when you shove your hand down a disposal, I went after the fish.
...For my sad sensitive Cale.
I kept feeling that lil slimy booger escaping my grasp amongst the soggy old Rice Krispies from breakfast and the carrot peels from a recent dinner prep.
But I got him....and deposited him in his new clean tank.
All the while Cale had his back turned.
Smiling pleasantly but grumbling something like: "Judah, you rotten son of a gun...lucky lil.........",
I presented my firstborn with his fish. In a clean tank as promised.
All is well...for now. Only time will tell his future. ((He may end up in that drain after all but with me calling the shots....))
 
Sometimes I truly feel like a ninja.
...And also like I wanna throw up a lil bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment