Thursday, April 3, 2014

Potty Training

It's two okay... so you need to cut me some slack.
When I start to whine about it, I get lots of advice on potty training boys...
BUT...that's not what I needed.
I have boys.
I've trained boys.
I haven't trained TWINS.

Cale was potty training around 22-28 months.
Megersa started early (his poopy success was astounding!) at 18 months...
But the twins?
Well, there's the fact that there's 2.
And they were premature so I didn't wanna rush them? And then...it's two.  Two boys.
And when THEY were 2, their baby sister was born.
So, I went with my gut.
And my gut said to wait.
So we waited.
And then we moved, and since I was worried about potty training in a house that isn't our own, we waited some more.

BUT...here we are at 3 years old, and now getting on the ball.

Thad is doing pretty great.
We still do diapers for nap and bedtime (as we will continue until they are consistently dry), but otherwise, he's good.
Shep, on the other hand...well, he's hit or miss.
He is inconsistent at best.  But, ya know what?
He'll get there.
Neither will be wearing diapers forever.
It's all part of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment