Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pastor Tim

I suppose I've never posted anything that is just about Tim.
And why not?
Well, I'm not sure. 
After all, he's my partner-in-crime, my 'lovely assistant', my love, my shoulder to cry on, my hand to hold, my rock, my best friend.

But since he just turned 29...I thought it was an appropriate day to go ahead and list some of the best things about Tim. :)
((You know, before 30 comes and it all goes downhill...... ;))
I will start with my favorite thing about him:
his wardrobe

The past few weeks I've been going through tubs and tubs of variously sized clothes we have for the boys - attempting to swap out spring/summer for fall/winter.  ...I even had to dig out my own winter clothes from storage that have been there for 2 falls.  But when it comes to changing up Tim's wardrobe...well, there's nothing needed. 

He wears the same t-shirts all year round.
Sure, in the summer he'll often pair them with shorts, and in the winter he throws a hoodie over the tshirts...but he's not bothered by this summer-fall hybrid that's been driving me crazy...
He's always set for whatever the weather brings.
Perhaps comical, but his t-shirt core is just so comforting to me. They define him.  It reminds me that he will always be there no matter what comes our way. 
So, like his t-shirts, some things about Tim never change - like his love for God.
And his love for me.  Yes, he loves me...oh, so very much.
And, I get the distinct feeling he must like that bunch of little people that we see wandering around here because he keeps playing with them...feeding them and providing for them...........  :)

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself. 
This birthday post started in my head as a list:
A list dedicated to the things I would never change about my husband.
~His dedication to his job and his passion for worshipping God.
~His love for his immediate and extended family (always trying to keep in close touch with everyone).
~His love for all kinds of music.
~His voice - in both singing and talking - years ago (before children), we would read books together. I often would fall asleep to the soft sound of his voice.
~The way he looks at me. (Even after 9 1/2 years together, I still catch him checking me out.)
~The way he treats me....how he puts my needs (like my sleeping) above his.
~How he worries about me. It's still super sweet to see him get nervous when something goes wrong for me.
~The fact that he prays for and with me.
~How he finds ways to compliment me, even when I'm a grouch.
~His love of all things Penn State
~How excited he gets when football season comes around. 
~The way he slathers peanut butter on everything - cookies, pancakes, crackers, chocolate......
~His genuine and beautiful smile.
~His part in the way our kids look...like their awesome blue eyes.
~His part in the way our kids act. (When they're good of course.) ;)
~The way he wrestles with our boys.
~How he lights up every time one of our babies smiles at him (yes, even at 4am).
~The stories he tells (that our big boys love!)

...and here's the shocker (but it's true)...I love my husband's excitment when he gets a new video game that he's been waiting to play! :)  Like a little kid on Christmas Day.

Basically, we all just love the stuffing out of him!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOVVVEEE this post!!! And I love the part that you wrote about his voice, that it is so soft it puts you to sleep. That is too sweet!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing all his sweet qualities!! You two are BLESSED! <3

    ReplyDelete