Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"consider it lent"

I'm currently at Tim's office...using his laptop to write a quick keep-you-up-to-date blog post.  Tim instructed me to tell someone I was still at the church (initally here for a stewardship campaign vision night) so they wouldn't set the alarm on me.
As I popped out to yell "suprise!" (jk)  Pastor Steve asked how things were at the new house.
Oh yes, did I mention we have officially moved?  We have.  And it's been since that move day - Feb 25 that we have had any form of internet or cable.  We dont even get data on our phone.
"Consider it lent" he said. 
Yup.  We aren't Catholic, but this is definitely been the longest I've been away from internet or cable.
Part of me feels "free" so-to-speak, but part of me feels like I have little to no outlet when things get crazy at our new place.
For fun I can unpack, take care of kids, or clean. 
Relaxing, no? ;)
Tim and I have taken good advantage of Redbox and late night movie dates on the couch.
And I have LOVED watching my design "visions" come (albeit slowly) to life.
I suppose it was a good thing I poured over these blogs and basically memorized the ideas I had for our new place, because ain't no referencing them now!  lol.
It's also a good thing I'm a "wing it" girl. 
"Ah, I dont exactly remember what that site said about measuring this... eh, I'll just wing it." ;)
Anyway, enough about me.
I'm here to catch you up on my children.
I find when I let time get away from me it REALLY gets away from me....
Of course, since we moved our precious baby boys turned 1!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday sweet babies!! :)

Thaddeus up and started walking yesterday. 
And who did he walk across the room to?!?!  Shepherd
Adorable, huh?

Shep can now stand unaided for a few seconds.

Megersa and Cale are successfully sharing a room.

OH, and I gotta tell you this about Cale - (it's so precious) 
So his birthday is next, right? 
April 5th.
He's been counting down the days since the beginning of February I think... 30 days left now I believe...
Anyway, we're driving home (and we live in back country now folks) - one of our neighbors must be a bus driver because they have their schoolbus parked in the driveway.
So, we pass by the house and Cale says to me:
Mommy, how does the bus know it's my birthday?
...Perplexed I question further - What do you mean?
Well, did you call the bus Mom?   (I agree, totally weird he's calling me "Mom" now)
No, I didn't call the bus.  I'm not sure what you're talking about buddy....
Well......you said I am going to school when I'm five!  The bus needs to know my birthday so I can go to school!!!
OH, I LOVE HIM!!
Honestly, how adorable is that?!  Of course it was a little painful telling him he'd have to wait until the fall, but summer is always enticing for children, even if there are no big plans as of yet.

I mean, there's a ton else that's been happening. 
But that's all I can remember, and it's becoming increasingly more eeiry being at the church alone at night.
Plus, now I have a much further drive back home.
So, until we get internet (which Comcast has no intention of rushing), I bid you goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment