Thursday, October 25, 2012

copout

Well, yes and no.
I mean, technically this post is somewhat of a cop-out.  Reason being...I DID have a post I was working on, but as I read through it, it didn't seem to go anywhere...or make sense as a solitary post?  I don't know...it's me being particular again.
I'll have to work on it more when I'm not preoccupied.
So, instead I'm going to post a link.
Sort of a cop-out with regards to me promising another good post (because I made another good dinner)...but not so much when you consider the meaning of this post, and how long it took me to get this "present" together for my husband who turned 30 on October 12, 2012.
Trying to be creative for your husband's birthday while on a budget isn't always easy.
Google was no help.....
Lots of fluffy suggestions along the lines of: 
"Have a picnic dinner in a park...
Write a love poem...
Gaze into each others eyes..."
Meh.  ;)
I wanted my husband to feel special on his big day, and though plans for an 'over-the-hill' party sounded good to me, I do know parties are not my husband's deal...

So...I redirected.
30.
Yeah...I know he's old. ;)
A pinterest pinner gave their significant other 30 balloons with pictures - one for each year of their life tied to a string.
Cute...probably not realistic for me to get those off his mother.....
How about 30 memories of him?
Yeah...I could certainly cook up something like that.

But was there something else that might be even more special to Tim??
We've got 5 people here who really love him...I was pretty certain there were at least 25 more...
I could get at least 30 peoples who love him to say Happy Birthday to him.
A video with voices would be my first choice...but certainly not tangible given the time-frame I had before his the day arrived.
But the pictures?  30 pictures...
And so, 2 weeks out from his birthday I made the decision.
Facebook would be the easiest way to get the biggest grouping of people in one inbox message...but I also did a LOT of texting and some emailing.
Here was the original post:

I would love all of your help for Tim's birthday!
I'm not asking you to drive to Maryland, or even send him a present!!!! ;)
What I would LOVE is if each of you (wives who may know Tim through your husband - I appeal to you as the "get things done" person instead of sending this msg to your husbands...) to:
TAKE A PICTURE OF you, your kids, family...or even just your husbands with a sign saying "Happy 30th Birthday Tim!" anywhere in your area... preferably outside, but really, just getting 30 is challenging enough! ;)
I would SO appreciate it.
We are low on funds, and I think this would be super special for him.
...plus, everyone has a camera on their phone right? :)
Send your pics to me at:
630-903-4755 or
fredericknesters@gmail.com

His birthday isn't until Oct 12, so you have some time...but I'd really like to get 30 people doing this so send them when you can!
THANKS SO MUCH!!


 ...If only it was as easy as this one post, right?  It took a LOT of harassing encouraging on my part.  And up until about 11pm on the night before his birthday I was still getting pics sent to me.
But it worked out.  Superbly.
I was super happy with the involvement, no matter how long it took.
My husband was so happy and touched I was able to accomplish this for him and was super excited to see his good friends/family participate in the fun.

I could get all mushy/gushy and continue on to how in love I still am with my Tim, and what he means to me...how much I rely on him without even thinking of it...that God truly blessed ME when Tim started "chasing" after me...but that'd just make you all uncomfortable, right? :)

SO...instead, I end with the video.
And one last line to say that even though I'm married to an old man now, I'm glad it's Tim Nester. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment