Wednesday, October 24, 2012

blogging...like cooking.

I'm no experienced cook.
I enjoy it, sure...and my husband and children seem fat and happy well fed and satisfied.
But I get into "moods" about it.
Some weeks I will cook a meal every day...the fridge is stocked with hearty leftovers and I know my husband will be in a mighty fine mood!
Then there's those days...even stretching to a week or more where I could care less about being in the kitchen.  I don't feel like making dinner...the "empty" fridge stresses me out as I am forced to come up with creative solutions for dinner - those are the weeks we eat a lot of eggs, pancakes, sandwiches...  Not as fun for hubby.

Same thing goes for my blogging.  Sometimes I get super motivated and can crank out like 10 different posts...I'll save the extras and use them as leftovers - always having something to say.
Then there's those times where I stare at my home page and wonder why no one is blogging anything new.  Unlike cooking, I can let the inactivity go on and on.
But, I'm happier when I have posts there.  I quite like going back to read what happened a few months ago...even a few years ago!
The details can quickly slip from ones mind, can't they?  Well, at least my pregnant-taking-care-of-4-kids-day-in-and-day-out brain.  I'm glad my blog can be my memory.

So...all that to say, yesterday I made a nice dinner.
My child who was upstairs showering popped out of the bathroom and yelled "HEY!  I know what that smell is...we're having meatloaf!  I LOVE meatloaf!!"
And he does.  We all do...which makes it a "nice" dinner.  ...When there's no throwing food or silent stand-offs. 
Tonight Tim will be at work, so dinner will be a kiddie dinner.
But I feel like I might cook something nice on Thursday night.
And maybe even blog again...
I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :)

1 comment:

  1. ha ha...I was just about to bug you to write a new post! I really miss the updates from those of us that used to blog :(

    ReplyDelete