Friday, November 16, 2012

another dot.

The first recorded "dot" was in March.
Much has changed since then.  I suppose it's time once again, to update the blog's look, and it's pictures, since our children have changed so much.  Also the descriptions of each of our sons has long been outdated.
Here how we described them then:
Cale -
LOVES jumping on our new trampoline, wearing tie dye shirts, telling time, working on his math skills, watching any/all videos of himself and making up elaborate stories with Daddy. DISLKES being left out, when the babies mess up his train tracks, if his food gets cold and being laughed at. CANT SEEM TO REMEMBER TO: pick up clothes he takes off.

Megersa - 
LOVES singing the Veggie Tales theme song, riding his bike, copying Cale's requests, his toy motorcycle, and showing off. DISLIKES bees, being cold, wiping his own nose, and having Cale correct him. SOMETHING WE ARE WAITING FOR HIM TO DO: tell us when he has to go potty.

Thaddeus - 
LOVES walking around, eating paper, climbing steps, drinking out of a sippy cup, and hanging outside with the big boys. DISLIKES when his twin has something he wants, being still, when Daddy tells him no, and being left in church nursery. CURRENTLY WORKING ON: getting him to stop biting us. 


Shepherd - 
LOVES having Mommy rock him to sleep, dancing when he hears music, sitting on the trampoline, making 'snarly' noises with his nose, trying "adult" food, and going for stroller rides. DISLIKES: being strapped into his carseat, getting his hair washed, and when Thad bullies him. EASE FACTOR: 8 out of 10. 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know I say this all the time...but I'll say it again (because this day was looong.  Tim's at a men's retreat until tomorrow night, so I'm certain tomorrow will feel even longer.):
Sometimes the hours and minutes crawl...but when you stop looking at the clock you see the calendar days flying by and how outside the seasons are changing.  My children are problem solving, gaining confidence...gaining weight. ;)  They're learning new things...and as always, proving to Tim and I that with one parenting challenge overcome, another will take it's place.  It's a madhouse around here most of the time...but I suppose I should try to enjoy these crazy days before we really are "Empty Nesters."   ha. ha. ;)

As of a few weeks ago Cale (and the other boys) don't bounce on our trampoline anymore.  Tim and I decided to take it down for the cooler weather and in preparation for Super-storm Sandy.  And to Mommy's disappointment (because of all the rain and sometimes very chilly, windy weather) we don't all go outside as much.  All of them still enjoy watching any type of home movies, especially Cale, but because he is learning to read...we try to involve his new skills during story time at night.
The things he previously disliked, still remain - though he doesn't really play with trains much anymore...and the twins have figured out how to make their own tracks, so it's not as problematic.  I suppose he's improving on picking up his clothes but I still find them laying around all over the house...but it's all about progress, right?  No matter hooooooooooow slooooooow. :)
Megersa still sings all the time, but not much from Veggie Tales these days.  Right now his church class is practicing for the upcoming Christmas program, so we're hearing a lot of holiday songs coming from the bathroom (where he normally sings for us).  I guess I could say that he doesn't copy Cale's request as much...especially now that Cale's in school.  But where one habit rests, another takes its place. The new thing is competition.  I approve when it's "who can pick up the most toys," but when it's "who can eat their food first" (ALWAYS. CALE.) it's pretty much just watching them try and choke themselves for no good reason...  I rarely see him playing with his toy motorcycle anymore because he and the twins really enjoy their train tracks and wooden blocks. 
He still doesn't like being cold, or wiping his nose...it seems as though when we ask him to do something directly (particularly if it's somewhat new or something he hasn't already mastered) he freezes up and just stares at us.  That is his work-in-progress...getting him to pay attention to what he is doing while he is doing it.  I don't think there have been many accidents at all as of recently...but he, like Cale, still usually wait until the very last second to announce that they "HAVE TO GO POOPY!!"
Thad runs now...and he's fast!  I love watching little people run with their tiny little legs.  It's so funny!!  I'm not sure I've seen him eat any paper recently...playdoh, yes...but not paper.  And he walks up and down the steps now like an adult.  We are constantly waiting on bated breath for a scream as he topples down, but when he's determined...he's determined.  MOST of the time our boys play nicely together (usually best when they're split in twos), but I'd have to say that Thad is still our bully.  His new prey?  Cale.  ...I think it's because Cale gives the biggest reaction...though I wish the overall aggression would stop. 
Shepherd and Cale are the thinkers.  They often come up with ideas of things/toys to entertain themselves.  Thad, like Megersa decide "that's a good idea!...now give it to me!!"  T still doesn't like to be left in the church nursery...but it's been a long time since I've been called back to rescue him, so we're making improvement.  And thankfully, the biting phase is long gone. :)
Shepherd doesn't get rocked to sleep...but he does have a major soft spot for Mommy.  I swear, even if this little one in my belly wasn't a girl, I think I'd be satisfied with all the lovin' I get from Sheppy!  He is SUCH a tender heart.  ...it's funny how names go, right?   You name a child something because you like it, but as a newborn, you don't know what his/her personality will be.  And though no one could predict it, I find it so fascinating that sometimes the meaning of the name actually does describe the child.  I could literally picture my Shepherd herding a flock of sheep with tender care. ;)
He does still dance, especially when he has an audience...and it's such a funny little dance - we call it the "Sheppy 2-step" - I'll try to get a video on here as evidence.  
Shepherd no longer fights the car seat, or getting his hair washed and has learned to push back when Thad comes a-bullying.  For his gentle spirit, and the fact that he is not very stubborn, he still remains our easiest baby/toddler.  I suppose only time will tell if this trend remains.
I hope to try to continue this thread of dots throughout the months and years.
I asked my husband if I could get some of my blog printed out in a book - they do that now!  Since I have two previous urls, I'll just split those up into 2 books, and then go year-to-year from then on.  I'm not a scrap-booker...and I don't really journal for myself or to my children...but I THINK this will be an excellent thing to have when they're older.  For blackmail and for "good times." ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment