Wednesday, November 28, 2012

8 years

Gosh...I feel like I'm working on a hundred projects...and also working on a dozen posts.
Most of them have no "order" but I suppose this one should get bumped to the top, since our anniversary was yesterday.

8 years.
Tim and I got married November 27, 2004.
That's a long time ago, isn't it?
A time BEFORE kids?!.....
A time where our decisions mainly affected just us. 
Hard to remember very clearly.
Well, I definitely can recollect our dating life (which was for 2 1/2 years before we got married), but before then, not much.
I have very vague memories of even being interested in anyone else.  More of just that time in my life - like in 5th grade I had my first little boyfriend - Josh Katyl.  I remember it because people called me Katie Katyl.   ha!
We held hands a few times at lunch until our teacher caught us and we got in trouble....
...shocking how that sounds so scandelous now that I have a school age child.
Yikes.
There will be no hand holding....
No kissing...
Not until marriage. ;)

Anyway...fast forward from my first boyfriend at age 11 to my husband at age 21.
To the man I am deeply, ridiculously in love with.
Above anything else I just want to be with him.  Even if we don't talk or aren't in the same room...just knowing he's there is pretty great.  Pretty dang great. :)
We've shared so much together in these 8 years - including pain and loss...but I would go through it all again because I know at the end there is what there has always been: LOVE.
So much love.
Tim and I started reading (another 'project' in the works) the book "Love and Respect."
Main idea - women want love, men want respect.
Totally makes sense...but it reads in depth how the issue women have is that they don't feel loved.
I can honestly, HONESTLY tell you that I have never felt that.  I never once doubted that Tim was not totally, insanely in love with me.  Even in our worst fights.  So, I suppose I get a little of my mom's strong personality there and act more of a man 'wanting/needing' respect.  lol.

As we approach a new season of life...adjustment to yet another little person in our family, I know that there will be some tough times ahead.
But Tim will always be there for me.
And will always love me.
Almost as much as I love him. ;)
 
Happy Anniversary Timmy! 
You. Complete. Me. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment