Wednesday, July 31, 2013

30 things

Yup, I'm old now.
30 feels old.  Literally.  Cale asks me to do certain things -
"Can you climb up the firepole?"
"Can you do a back flip on the trampoline?"
"Can you run as fast a cheetah?"

Okay, maybe even in my prime I couldn't do the last thing... ;)  But I digress.
I suppose I COULD do the first two even now if I really tried, but I know I'd probably either break something, or be insanely sore the next day.
Pregnancy really wears a body out.

And old age. ;)
I've been working hard to become stronger so I hope that by 40 I won't feel like I'm completely falling apart.

Anyway, just for fun, I'd like to state the top 5 things that bug me. ...because 30 is just too many.
(in no particular order - but chances are if they're the first few, it was because they instantly came to mind and are more annoying to me.)

1. When people say they are their animals "Mommy" or "Daddy."  No...just no.
2. When someone says "I seen" this.  Having this hammered in my brain as a child I will correct you if you are doing this....it is I HAVE SEEN. 
3. Did we forget the difference between numbers and letters?  two four zero...is that so much harder than two four O?!  Come on.  It's really just one additional syllable.....
4. While we are on the subject.  Texting?  Wen r u comin over?  I cringe just looking at it. With the hi-tech phones we have that learn the way we type there should be no excuses.  You'd have to cancel out the auto-correct in order to teach your SMART phone how to be dumb.
5.  Sexy selfies (specifically posted to FB) You know what I'm talking about.  When you look off into the distance with your body angle "just-so" - giving you the perfect profile pic.  Um... WE CAN SEE YOUR ARM!! And there is clearly no other human being in the grass at that angle taking your pic as you look pensively to the sky!!  ...I'm not saying I don't use my own camera for self portraits, but if they are sexy I only send them to Tim.  Otherwise, they are goofy, or have one of my goofy kids included.

Okay, enough complaining about fluff.
Ready or not - into the new decade I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment