Saturday, September 21, 2013

Diva Dash

When Neve was about 2-4 months old I began running.
I've "picked up" running off and on throughout my life.
Never could say that I really enjoyed it - looked forward to it as lots of people did.
I wish I had, but for me it was merely a way to lose weight.
And this time, getting strong again.
Having a baby really makes you feel strong (growing a person, delivery a person, sustaining a person soley with your body...), BUT, it also can have the opposite effect.
At least it did for me.
I had gotten so used to asking the boys to pick things up for me so I didn't have to bend over, that when I finally could justify picking up my own things again (without a gigantic protruding belly in the way) I realized that it wasn't....easy... :/

I'm not saying that isn't embarressing...it IS.
Which is why we're back to running.
I wanted to get strong.  Strong heart, strong lungs, strong legs.
Rock hard abs (haha.  Yeah, right.)
So, as painful as it was each time (mentally and physically to "get out there") I did it.
Having a good friend to do it with definitely spurred me on. 
We signed up for the Diva Dash - which gave us great motivation to continue on.
A 5K with obstacles, and as a fun bonus, an all-girl-dress-up-race.
We chose Rosie the Riveter as our inspirational lass to model ourselves after.
I think I got the hair poof down quite nice.
Her motto is "we can do it."
Quite appropriate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment