Friday, September 14, 2012

an unspoken word

Prior to the last few weeks this word has not been heard here.
I don't see why it would, and where it could fall into a sentence in our young family's life....
UNTIL NOW.
Daughter: one's female child.
Daughter: a female descendant.
It's just a word, right?  It means the same as "you're having a baby girl." 
But carries so much more responsibility.....

Our family dynamic is going to change drastically! ;)

Though I've known (or had a huge "feel" or inkling) about this baby's gender for awhile, it still isn't fully sinking in. 
Pink.
Purple.
Dresses.
Dolls.
Makeup....
BOYS!  (and not her brothers!! :/ )

What an incredible blessing from God to not only surprise us with the miracle that is this child, but to also give us a daughter....something we've both longed for and thought may be missing from our family.

This little lady will be our last child (barring another miracle or God-inspired turn-of-events), and I must say I feel complete.  Even though she's not here, I am already picturing her growing up with her brothers... I see her as a little spit-fire...a rough'n'tumble little spark of energy with Mommy's lipgloss on and her hair braided.  I see my husband melting at the first sight of her and not allowing her to grow up or ever get married.
I picture her looking like I did as a child - with brown hair and eyes (though it's likely she may have Tim's coloring)...and I feel complete knowing that I have another peice of the mothering puzzle in place.

I'm 19 weeks, 2 days right now...about halfway there. 
We think we may have a good handle on what to name her, and have purchased clothing in colors we rarely see around here.
We've told friends and family that she's a she...but I still feel like I wont FULLY believe it until this daughter of mine is placed in my arms.

Here's how we announced the gender:
We are creative, my husband and I. :)

1 comment: