Monday, December 30, 2013

10 & 11

I mean, it's sorta embarrassing.
I'm almost positive I kept a better log of the boys months as they chugged along their first year.
But alas,
I'm behind again.
Smooshing two months of accomplishments, activites and adorable-ness into one post.
Sorry, Neve.

The girl is 11 months old now.
I mean, just every bit of the spit-fire, free spirited, loving, funny, charming, eye-catching little beauty I thought she'd be.  To boot she's a momma's girl (still!), so that is the whipped icing on the cupcake (who eats cherries.....)

She communicates well - has a few words...not sure she picked up many more since her 8-9 month check, but she still says Dada, Momma, Pop-Pop, Nana (and can identify correctly).
My girl is an attention hog.  Since she's down to 2 naps, she in a switch shift from the boys, so for the 3 hours that they are down, she is awake...active and wanting someone to hold her, play with her...do ANYTHING with her but try to ignore her.
She loves to eat.  Kinda picky at times, but she's got a few staple favorites - fruits (the canned stuff is the softest and easiest for her to pick up), oatmeal, cheese...hot dogs or ham...she likes meatloaf, yogurt, and sweet potatoes.  I usually give her a tray of stuff for her to feed herself with and then sneak in bites of baby food to make sure she's getting enough.  She loves to drink water.  I've recently introduced both a sippy cup and bottle full of water and she can knock back either without any problems.
Her expressions are SO explanatory.  I mean, sometimes she just kills me with those wide eyes or poochy lip.  Her smiles are to die for and she's got the squinty eyes that I do.
That's about the only thing she got from me though.  OH wait - the dimples.  Okay, besides those 2 things, everything else seems to come from the Nester side.
Stick straight hair (why is is STICK straight - how often do you find perfectly straight sticks anyway...), blue eyes, short eyelashes, small ears, blonde hair, chunky thighs.... (alright PERHAPS she gets those from me too)....
Girl is beautiful.  Inside and out.
My boys are starting to see her as a playmate now.  Especially Thad.
He's been loving on her alot in this past month.
They're all aware of her and try as best they can to be careful around her and quiet when she's asleep.  They aim to please her and I'm happy to see more love and less jealousy.
Truthfully she's the one who is starting to get jealous.
My babies generally have a permanent place in my arms (even if they have to take turns like the twins did), but now that's she's super mobile, she plays, cruises and crawls around alot more.  I get to accept brothers more and more in my lap, but Babs doesn't seem to keen on it.  HA!
She'll learn.
Neve just got weighed the other day.  I didn't write it down but I know it was just shy of 22 lbs (and 29 inches, if that says anything.)
She wears 12 month clothes but more than a few outfits are getting kinda snug...
I'm not gonna lie...she's getting kinda chubby!
I like me a fat baby though.   :)
 ...Baby girl loves bathtime.  Sometimes I run the water and let her play just to kill time.  Those 3 hours when the boys are down for naps get long...  Whenever the boys get in the tub too she's crawling over there to stand and lifting her legs up to try to get over and in.  All smiles in the tub!
Her sleep is usually pretty good.  Usually.  When she's sick it's no fun for anyone...  But she still has the funny habit of burrowing herself at the head (or foot) of her crib.  It happens every night. Sometimes I see her sideways corner to corner.  It's so funny.  She likes to feel constricted I guess...
And the binky.  She's still a fan.  No one has quite loved it like Shep, but you never know...she might win out.  We'll just have to wait and see.
The other day she stood for a few seconds unaided, but when I try the "i'm gonna hold your fingers while you take steps around the room" it didn't work.  She is too quick to drop to her knees (something Shep never learned...poor fella...he just sat there crying until someone helped him down.  haha), and crawl away.
Smart as a whip too (another unclear saying)...she puts lids on things and can stack stuff correctly.  She loves to play with shape-o, and claps for herself with every shape she gets in.
Man, I just love her.
You know when you look at your kids - any of them, but really look.  And watch them...feels like your heart may explode with pure joy at the thought that they're in your life.
God is good.
He gave me my baby girl at a time where I needed a blessing that only gets BIGGER as time goes on.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment