Tuesday, December 31, 2013

the weather

Since moving to Ohio, I've had a lot of memories come flooding back. The insane change of weather has not been one of them.  Is it just Ohio?  Or is anyone else out there experiencing 60 degree days in December only to quickly be replaced by several inches of snow.  It's sorta insane.
As we speak I'm deliberately choosing not to help (I KNOW!!) by going out and shoveling the deck.  I gotta blog man.  Fast and furious like, before my time is up.  I'm looking at Neve's tray and the nibblets are getting more and more sparse.
Type like the wind, momma!! :)
-Snow days are pretty upon glancing, but darn near impossible in their longevity and seeming endlessness to fully enjoy.  Having a bunch of pint-sized people in the same close quarters makes for more fighting...more tattle-tailing...more "MOOOOOOOM!!!!!"
Can't they just break off and find things to play with?  Sounds easy enough - grab a buddy and some books or blocks, trucks or trains... have a blast.
Quietly. :)  haha.
-Warmer days I welcome.  Even if we can't get out until I have an adult reinforcement at home, it's a blessing.  Outside is a magical thing.
Well, a warm outside day. 
I've been enjoying them myself...   as in...going outside.
To run.
Yep, I'm still at it.
I mainly run when I feel like it. Sometimes I allow a break to get the better of me and then I have to force myself back out... Usually the forcing takes place on the colder days.
I can't decide if I wanna announce it (because then I may have to stick to it), but I am in the process of trying to train for a half-marathon.
Maybe....
Possibly....
We'll see.  I'm up to 5 miles now.
Not an easy 5 miles, but it felt good after it was done. 
Because I could say I did it....nothing more. (and maybe to eat more.)  LOL.
More on that in time... maybe.  ...possibly.




1 comment: