Friday, March 1, 2013

my new OBSESSION.

Did I tell you we're moving?
Yep...again.
Starting to feel like a hermit crab.  Yes, a hermit crab. 
We're always moving...house to house...shell to shell.
But no...moving is not my new obsession.
With this new place we are going to be signing at least a 2 year lease at this place (maybe even more than that!), so I hope it will begin to feel more like home. 
I intend to do one thing with this new place I haven't really attempted in any other.
Design.  Decorate.  Make it "my own." 
And because I'm the only girl...I get to make all the decisions! :)
The house is actually a parsonage...but no, we won't be living there for free. ((That'd be awesome!))
It belongs to another church...a very tiny church in fact.  It's got 4 bedrooms...all upstairs (which will be a nice feature for Cale, who currently resides in our basement room w/o a door), and a living room, dining room, and kitchen (all separate spaces!).  In addition there is a "finished" basement - though I think the flooring is just linoleum down there.  Sounds nice?...it is.  Nothing spectacular though.  We wouldn't purchase the place, but as far as the needs we have now...it'll work. 
We seem to be able to make any space work.
The highlight (for me) is that they are okay with us carpeting (all rooms up and downstairs have hardwood floors), and painting.  Sorta like a clean slate. ;)
Ordinarily this would sounds sorta boring...and a big chore to try and decorate from scratch...again.
BUT, I've been watching a lot of the Nate Berkus Show.  I've gleaned some great inexpensive ideas...
I've been stalking all sorts of DIY blogs. I'm confident I can do those things!
I've been checking freecycle several times a day to see what I can find for FREE. ;) I've already scored a hutch, a free coffee table, end table and church pew (which we intend to use as seating around a new table!)!
I'm on a mission to create a lovely space for us.
I'm super excited about the upcoming projects I'm planning to do.
I've not been passionate about too much since we've moved here (besides my children, obviously)...
But, every night I find myself linking one blog to the next with such awesome spaces. 
Currently my "plans" mainly reside in my head, but I've jotted down some ideas for every room on paper.
I'll give you a sneak peek at some one of my design inspirations though:

here is a picture of the church pew we are picking up for FREE. :)
 I intend to use it in this sort of manner: 
(Will need a bigger dining room table - which I'm currently on the hunt for)
This may become a fun hobby, or might just be a one-and-done thing.  But it's kinda fun when something tickles your fancy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment