Friday, March 8, 2013

slipping...

Remember when I said I get into "moods" - like cooking or blogging?
...I haven't done either recently.
Humph.
Meals aren't my fault - we've been fed very well thru our church and MOPS groups, so I haven't had to worry to much about it.
Blogging, however, is entirely my fault.
...Sometimes I blog in my head - but I'm aware it doesn't count.
1 post in Feb.
ONE?!
Shameful...
The twins turned 2 on Feb 27, 2013...should have been blogging about that!
Truth be told, because of the new baby, jammed packed birthday season upon us and the fact that they had a 1 year old party last year, we didn't have much of a celebratory fuss.
Instead they opened their gifts throughout the week and enjoyed (more) family time here at home.
...This past Saturday Cale had a sleepover with his buddy and the caregivers were patient and generous enough to watch Megersa too for a few hours so we could take the twins out.
Initially I thought we'd take the twins to the bounce house...and while they would have enjoyed it thoroughly, it requires quite a bit of energy from the parents who will also be doing the bouncing.
Turns out - energy is currently in short supply around here.  Truthfully we considered nixing the whole idea of going out at all, but decided we should do something.
We took the twins (and Miss Neve) to Chic-fila to eat (which went surprisingly well) and then went to the pet store to look at the animals.  Well, it was a huge hit!  Those two loved it!

What else?
Neve weighs in a 9 lbs 2 1/2 oz at 1 month old.  She is growing exceptionally well.  Haven't had to supplement her at all and she's doing a little better at night.  She CAN stretch for 4 hours at night, but usually it's every 3 or so, mainly falling back to sleep after - which is wildly better than it was even a week ago where we were having 2am parties back to back to back.



I can't say how much I love her because it's indescribable.  No, it's not just cuz she's a girl - but she is a girl...and that I do love.
There's a tenderness and a beauty in even the smallest little female and she's constantly melting my heart.  She's not nearly as needy as the twins are either.  She'll sleep almost anywhere when she's truly tired and is content to hang out and look around when she's awake (of course we WANT to hold her all the time...but she doesn't tend to demand it).  She does spit up quite a bit.  No where near the geyser that Cale was - but I have gone out recently to purchase new burp rags.  I see small changes in her every few days - chubbier legs, more frequent smiles, eyes that are getting brighter (we're pretty confident she will also have blue - like all her bio brothers).  It's a joy to have her here - even amongst the chaos.  :)
And as promised, here's the brotherly adjustment status:
Thad has loved her since the moment he laid his eyes on her.  That first day we brought her home he insisted on holding her.  He's the one brother who truly stares at her and loves her.  I wonder how protective he'll be of her as a teenager!
Shepherd had a bit more of a jealous streak going on.  To be fair he WAS the baby.  He's always been a momma's boy and it was a tough few weeks seeing his little face so sad.  But, he's warming up to her.  He's even held her willingly (I remained close by - and thank goodness - because after about a minute he pushed her off his lap)!
Megersa enjoys giving a play-by-play of everyone's day - so adding a baby sister to the mix gives him quite a bit more to talk about.  He's had a rough cough (like I have) for a few weeks so we've had him keep his distance, but he likes to kiss her head.
Cale loves to entertain Neve when she's awake.  This happened once when I was busy (shocker, huh?) and Neve was awake and upset.  He grabbed a bag full of gems and started shaking them near her.  He was so pleased with himself that she stopped to listen that he deemed himself her favorite brother.  :)  He also loves to kiss her and touch her face.  ....she is beautiful, I don't blame him.

I cannot say enough good things about my husband.
I've always loved him fiercely, but the way he's taken care of this family is just outstanding.  We are a BIG family too...but he puts each one of us first.  I feel so loved and cared for...as does Neve (she told me.) :)  I can tell he's already a big softie for her.
Tim's stated there will be no dating for her, no swimsuits and no dancing.
Can't argue with him...
Neve Eloise Nester will remain in our custody until her arranged marriage. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Katie.. you are amazing and such a great mommy! I'd love to meet the family some day! Please keep me updated if you ever come home :)

    ReplyDelete