Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2 months

You know - no one got me those month sticker things that seem to be so popular.  you know the ones that track your babies age every month for the first year?  I suppose I could have gotten them for myself but have never seen them at stores...

Oh well, none of the other kids had them, so like them, normal pics will have to do:
 

 
 
 
 
And a letter for my sweet baby girl:

Miss Neve Eloise,
You are a beauty and a treasure.  I hold you all the time and kiss your face often.  I enjoy our snuggle time, and even when it feels like my back will break, I am more than happy to wear you around in the sling so you can get a nap in.  Your father constantly is staring at you with a protective and proud love.  He especially loves the way your lips form a little triangle when you sleep.  He is always telling everyone that you are simply stunning, which even at your tender 9 weeks of life, is very very true! :)
At night you CAN go up to 8 hours without a feeding, but it's not always like that.  Some nights it's pretty challenging to get you to finally relax into a deep sleep...
Of course, my dear, you are worth it.  You are very easy-going and love to be held or looked at.  I give you a lot of credit my precious girl - your brothers have no idea how to be gentle, but you're taking it very well. :)  I know you'll be a strong lil thing and will soon be "accidentally" poking them in the eye too or trying to jam things up their noses.
At 2 months old you weigh 10 lbs, 9.5 oz.  Not as tiny as the twins or Megersa was, but a few pounds shy of where Cale was at this age.  You can track objects with your eyes and tend to be quite happy most of the time to recline in your bouncer and watch the goings on each day.  Yesterday I put you in your bumbo and was surprised to see that you could already sit in there quite sturdily.  You bear weight and can hold your head up for a good amount of time!  ...oh so talented, my pretty princess. ;)
We are absolutely in love with the fact that you smile and coo now.  I know you recognize me and Daddy - and you're gracious enough to give a smirk or two to other people when they look for it. :)
You're still in our room and will most likely be for some time still...we are currently trying to work out the best possible scenario for your brothers bunking up to give you access to your room.  I think we may just try putting them all together and just wearing earplugs. ;)  We'll see.  Regardless, sweet baby, you will not have to share.  You can have dollies and tea parties and pretend makeup...  But not yet. ;)
Try not to grow up too fast - time is already flying by.
We thank God for you, our little surprise miracle, and love you more than you could possibly ever know.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I got mine at hobby lobby-I didn't get on the bandwagon until month 2 or so. If I ever get a chance to go in the next month or so I will get some for you! My friend also told me there are some printouts you can do yourself-look on pinterest or google it. They can be a tad more original.

    She's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete