Wednesday, April 10, 2013

are we done yet?

...having kids I mean.

Did you squint your eyes to see that? 
It said something about us having kids...so I figured you would. ;)

Tim played a pretty funny April Fools joke on his parents.  Toward the end of the day, he causally sent a family-wide text which read:
"BABY #6 ON THE WAY!!"

It was a good one...because believe it they did
His siblings caught on pretty quickly after the initial WHAAAT?! by looking at the date on the calendar.
But his parents (and coincientally grandparents) were served a fake-out platter and chowed down!
After recieving the follow-up "April Fools!" text they called Tim up right away and tore into him with laughter and "oh no you didn'ts!" 
It was a good joke.

Seriously though...Neve is 2 months...we are crazy, but we are most certainly not THAT crazy!!!!

The joke, however, is a great segway into giving an answer to this question:
"Are you guys done having kids now?"

Everyone seems to want to know this....
Understandably so...I always ask people this.  I love to know the answer.  I always wonder HOW people "know."

...Is it a set number you were looking for? 
...A certain gender you were trying for then once you got it, that was it? 
...Some people say they "feel their family is complete."  Well, if I said that after each kid I'd never have the joy of the next one!  It's sorta odd for me to wrap my head around... 

But, here's my answer:

The short version: I don't know.
The long version: I don't know.

Maybe Yes and Maybe No.

Biologically, yes.  I'm getting rid of my maternity clothes and baby clothes that don't fit anyone anymore...
But adoption?
We just don't have a sure answer for that.
Yes we will always have a heart for adoption, but no, we aren't really sure if we will adopt again.
We're confident God will lead us in the right direction.
I can say that we've talked about possibly adopting an older child (younger than Neve though) many years down the road.  But we really aren't positive.  5 kids is a lot for us right now.... ;) 
If we did adopt another child, it would be another girl so Neve would have a sister and most likely from Ethiopia so Megersa would have someone who "matches" him. :)

But I don't know.
We don't know.
God knows.
And either way...we are happy. 

So....stop asking us...and ask YOURSELF this:
AM I DONE?!

"For every parent that says they have enough children there are hundreds of children that would say they dont have enough parents."
(-A quote from one of my adoptive mom friends.)

No comments:

Post a Comment